Question

Crunching teeth
I am curnching on my teeth terribly, especially when sleeping, but sometimes during the day as well. How can I prevent/stop this?

Anna, it sounds like you’re suffering from bruxism (teeth grinding) and it might be due to stress or it might just be a bad habit. There are other reasons too, but you would have known if you had those problems. The bruxism may cause jaw muscle spasm and even partial dislocation of the jaw. The best would be to go for a good physical examination and if nothing it found wrong, to ask your dentist to make you a bite plate to stop you from damaging your teeth while you’re sleeping. Good luck.