Question

Crush on a straight friend
Not sure that I'm asking for advice but rather asking everyone else what's going on in your lives. I'm 28, single and established and kind of have my life together, my career's on track and I have a great network of friends and have I suppose a relatively full and stimulating life. I'm single and happily so. All's well except for this, I have a huge crush (infatuation?) on a friend who's 36, straight, married, two kids... How crazy is that? This guy just represents everything I find attractive in another being. We're quite close and both he and his wife are in my closest circle of friends so I know he doesn't have issues about gay guys. I try to control my feelings, even my bahaviour so that I don't look at him too often but I'm 100% aware of him when he's in the room. When I call them I usually phone on his wife's cell so that it doesn't look as if I'm into him. This has been going for well over a year, I date guys quite regularly and have two regular sexual partners (one of whom is engaged to a woman and insists he's straight!) but even when I'm with them I often think of him.

To cut a long story short, here's my question: How many other people here have a crush on someone else? Whether you're single or in a relationship, be honest here folks. I know I can't be the only one.
Gay, lesbian and bisexual expert
gay, lesbian and bisexual expert

Hi Just Asking, welcome to our forum and thanks for posting here.