Question

31 Oct 2006

CS need urgent advice..PLEASE
Hi CS

Thank you for your advise earlier, one more problem!

How do i explain to my parents that i want to get back together with my gf,they do not approve of her and say she is not for me. I know they want the best for me but only i know what i want and what makes me happy. I went and told them that it was over for good and now we have decided to get back together. Im 28 years old but the portuguese parents are very different and very protective over there children. I know i am old enough to make my own decisions, i have my own place etc... but i do not want to have to choose between my family and the girl i love.

Please help

Is it truly any of their business whether or not you choose, as an adult, to get back with your gf ? In various cultures parents get over-protective, and have difficulty knowing when they need to let go. Stick to your decision, make it clear that YOu don't want this to cause any disruption of your relationship with them, and go ahead.
Foxybrown, as usual, has a valuable response here.