Question

CS- OH MY GOODNESS!
CS, phew, how many suicide threats can you cope with in one day? My goodness. Is it always like this over the Xmas period? You have my deepest sympathies. I realise that people get desparate, but what I don't understand is why some of them announce their intentions, as if they really do want to survive, but then ignore the advice. I also don't know what they expect you to achieve through cyberspace!!

Anyway, I hope you have a relaxing evening. Give little CS-kitten a scratch behind her ear.

It has been an extraordinary season this year ; I have never known one like it, in this respect. There is something intriguingly paradoxical in how some people respond to their self-destructive urges, seeking help AND refusing it ; asking for advice so as to be able to ignore it. And one sees in some, the degree of anger and aggression, which in the self-destructive impulse they turn against themselves, also ricochets out against others, like us, who wish them nothing but good things.
Tomorrow is due to be my last shopping / chores day before the new Year, as the friend who helps us to do so will be away on leave after this. But we have a remarkable sudden and inexcusable petrol shortag in SA at present, especially around Capetown and Gautend. In Pretoria, my friend has visited some 15 petrol stattions today, every one of them dry and having no petrol on sale. It requires governmental and oil industry negligence of a very high order to screw things up this comprehensively !
I shall give the kittne a scratch behind BOTH ears. Ear Ear !