Ask an expert

30 Mar 2007

CS, Please recommend phsychologist?

I wrote to you a few days ago about being depressed and you recommended that i see a psychologist....apparently there is a website that you refer people to with psychologists in all regions. Im in the Johannesburg area.....please let me know what my options are and if there are shrinks that wont charge me an arm and a leg as i have just started a new job and wont be on Medical Aid until 3 months time.
Thank you
Answer 394 views

01 Jan 0001

I have to keep repeating --- for many excellent reasons i t is absolutely impossible for me to recommend specific shrinks anywhere. The Anxiety / Depression support group ( number on this page ) does maintain a listing with some indication of areas of special interest and of who does CBT. GOod hunting !
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.