Question

cutting myself helps me
Hi. Im 21 and gay. In highschool i tried to commit suicide serveral times, lastly by cutting my wrists. I didnt do it properly but i realised that afterwards i felt better, very guilty, but better. It just got worse and worse, my arms are covered in cut marks. I stopped recently when several friends started checking my arms. But i cant stop thingking about it, its drving me insane, not just when im depro, even when im happy, i want to do it. And when i do it i feel guilty but i just do it over and over again. I dont know how to stop the feeling of wanting it. Maybe you have some advice for me?
Thank you.

Cutting never helps. In the moment when you feel bad, it might very temporarily let you feel a litle better, but the effects obviously doesn't last, or you'd never need to do it again. It can become an obsessive, almost addictive bad habit, and as you are discovering, one with serious consequences. Search the archives of this forum for our many previous discussions of different aspects of cutting, and examples of how beneficially other readers have managed to give it up, especially with the aid of a good shrink, which is what you deserve. You can stop, and should stop ; and, if you give yourself a fair chance, you will stop.
Keep in contact with us here on the forum, and tell us about your progress.