Question

Cycling and loosing weight

I started cycling a week ago. I eat a well balanced diet (worked out for me by a dr.). What I need to know is, how many km should I do a day to help with my diet? How fast must I go and how many times a week.

I need to loos 10kg and I want to do this as soon as possible on the most healthy way for my body.

Your help would be greatly appreciated.

Greetings

Hi there

Your best bet is to go to the fitness page of this website and click on Get Sporty - then click on cycling - you should find all the advice you need there.

With regards to weight loss, don't plan to lose more than 0.8 - 1kg per week, otherwise you will lose muscle mass.
If your questions aren't adequately answered, also go to the home page of this site - click on the "Attention all Virgin Active" members sign. Click on "ASK AN EXPERT" and then click on the cycling coach. They will give you expert advice.

Good luck!