Question

Dairy Allergy.
Hi there,

I'm a 24yr old male and would like some advice...

In May, of this year, I noticed that after I had any form of dairy my nose became very runny and I would soon have an extreme amount of phlegm in my throat. This was extremely irritating and at first I let it be, but it only got worseand soon I had a rash on my hands and my eyes were very itchy. I understood this was also due to the sudden allergy.

I have since limited my dairy intake and at times use some antihistimine, although they make me very drowsy. The only thing I would like to ask is...

Does this allergic reaction hold any serious threat to my body?

Cause sometime I just decide to have dairy and although I take one of the tablets then I still have the phlegm thing... it just isn't so severe.

Thanks,

Lifesigns.

Dear Lifesigns,
A Dairy allergy usually is more irritating than dangerous but the increased phlegm could make you more susceptible to infections. Try using soja milk instead - the powder you buy at health shops is nicer than the boxes on the supermarket shelves ( my opinion!) Also rather use frozen yogurt than icecream if possible.