Question

Damaged muscle in up in the vagina
Dear Doctor

I have a damaged / torn muscle high up into the vagina, as diagnosed by a gynaecologist. Apparenty there is nothing they can do to repair it as it wont make much difference. I assume this damage occured during childbirth. My problem is when i am sexually active, in the normal missionary position, I feel like there seems to be gas trapped inside while I am in the process of intimacy. THis is alarming and makes me uncomfortable coz it feels like there is gas escaping from my anus even though I am not practicing anal sex and never did. This is quite embarassing, and I dont want to discuss with hubby as it will worry him. With each movement it feels like something is also pushing/pressurising my anal muscle. Please help! PS I had a haemroidectomy 9 years ago, but could it have affected my vagina???

Many women trap gas in their vaginas and this is released as 'winds'. This is quite normal though many people find it embarassing. It is not unusual to feel anal pressure during sex as the anus is just behind the vagina. You could try chnaging positions or just try to relax and not worry about it.