Question

Dark Circles under eyes
What can I do to get rid of these dark/black circles under my eyes? Why do I get it? What causes it?
momentum expert

Barbie, the most common causes for dark circles around the eyes are allergies and lack of sleep. It is also often seen in serious chronic disease, and nutritional deficiencies like a vitamin C may cause it, but it’s probably due to lack of sleep and the underlying chronic disease rather than the deficiency itself.
Folic acid is often suggested as a remedy even if you have no folic acid deficiency on blood test. I have no idea if it works for dark rings under the eyes, but it can’t do harm if you try it. Another suggested remedy is a cream called Circle Clear available OTC at the pharmacy – once again, it’s not something that I have real knowledge of.
The best would be to make sure that there is no serious underlying problem – a visit to your GP will take care of that. I have found that if there is no serious underlying cause the rings will go away by themselves. Taking a good multivitamin and mineral preparation won’t do any harm either. Good luck.