Question

Dark, lumpy cycle

I started late with my period this month and when it came it was almost black and very lumpy like, not fluid. I would like to know whether this is a problem and if it just happens now and then?

I have had it before, but not as bad. I am 25 years old, I have been on Melodene contraceptive for 3 years.

You should not have a late period on the Pill. A check-up is probably a good idea.
The consistency of the period varies with the percentage of blood and uterine lining in it. As long as they are regular that is fine.