Question

daschhund puppy
Why is my 7 months old puppy digging holes everywhere in the garden?
Dog Behaviour Expert
Dog Behaviour Expert

Hi Estelle, without a full background often difficult to work out why, but most likely it could be that the dog is just plain bored. Are you giving him lots of walks and stimulation? Is he getting lots of different chewtoys to get stuck into etc. What you can do is to make him a digging pit and teach him to only dig there. Sounds difficult but we do have some notes on how to on my friendsofthedog website that will help. On the areas he is currently digging, put down some 'Dog-Off' or similar and if on grass you can put down chicken wire to prevent same.Good luck, thanks Scotty