Question

Dating with kids!

I'm a single 36yr old guy. A woman with 3 kids (5-13) whom i hv know for many years got divorced with her husband, and well a few months after we started courting each other. It went well but unfortunately our families protested and after a few months things went horribly wrong. She let me know after the family fewd that she gv her word to her family she would never date me again, but she let me know she always felt deeply for me. I jst want to know how to handle this. She still sms me and we go for coffee, clearly i am still attracted to her and constantly read into everything she does or says hoping for something. Can this relationship work with the kids and me. Or should accept the inevitable and end our friendship since I cannot get over her?

Victor

Surely much o the discomfort is because you have created an ambiguous set-up. She has ended the relationsship and vowed to her family never to date you again --- but you still go on meeting together. If you BOTh want to continue with the relationship, then see a good local relationship counsellor to see what can be sorterd out. But if you have both decided that it is over, END it, and stop meeting and communicating.