Question

De-Hermaphrodited scars?
My girlfriend asked me what the odd scar-like line was which runs beneath my penis and scrotum toward my anus. It's about three inches long. She asked if I'd been born a hermaphrodite and had undergone surgery. I laughed originally and told her this was a feature all males had, (as I had simply assumed for all these years). She assured me it was not, and pulled up some internet pictures to prove it. The question sank in and now it sits heavily upon my thoughts.

I read an article regarding hermaphrodites on your website, but it did not give specifics in the areas which would help resolve my question. --Which is: What kind of surgery is done to babies and what do the scars look like? I was born in 1970 in Canada.

Thanks!
Geneticist
geneticist

Dear Wonderguy

I have no knowledge on operations done to hermaphrodites, best will be to ask a gynaecologist. Our website did not contain information on this condition.

Regards, Maritha