Question

Dealing with people
I recently had an informal psychological screening at my work and the lady said I see danger in dealing with people. In other words I suffer from high levels of anxiety in situations where I have to deal with people e.g. meet new people, influance them, conflict situations. Subcontiously I believe I am afraid that I will get hurt emotionally. To be honest if I won the lottery I would quite happily withdraw from society and watch tv all day long!

I was wondering if this is something that can be cured through therapy?

Well, PP, firstly I wouldn't place very great weight on an informal work psychological screening, as it's not done using espcially valid or widely recognized methods ( usually ) nor by a qualified shrink. However, you seem to find that the opinion that was expressed, does make sense to you. There are several reasons why we might feel uncomfortable dealing with people, and they can all be helped by psychotherapy, and in some cases, also with the aid of some medications. For instance, in Social Phobia / Social Anxiety Disorder, we may feel espcially anxious in public situations, particularly where atention is drawn to us --- and it is very treatable.
I'm sure if I won the lottery ( which, as don't buy tickets, would require a veritable miracle ) I would also probably watch more Tv !
If this discomfort in working with people causes you distress and limits you, in your work or in your social life, it would be well worth seeing a shrink for a proper assessment and perhaps treatment to relieve the anxieties. And as the company drew your attention to the problem, maybe the medical Aid ought to help you deal with it !