Question

Decision
I work very hard. I multitask a great deal per day as I run a small office - finance, invoices, payments, emails, diary management, project management, buying, contracts etc. I get the impression that my boss thinks I am not productive. I wish to send him a short email as I am not very verbal. I am very quiet and do my work as directed. Is this a wise decision?
Executive coach
Executive Coach

Dear Worker, thanks for your question.

Most bosses are busy and value less interruptions, as they are often short of time and are also multitasking in their own way.

A quiet, diligent worker who can multitask and run an office is very valuable to such a boss.

Consider this idea or something similar: In the email that you wish to send, explain that you appreciate that they are busy and would like to save them time.

By listing all of the activities you have mentioned here
in your email, ask your boss in the email, how he/she would like you to report to them for example on status updates, when tasks are complete, or there is a delay, etc. Do they want a daily summary, or task-by-task short email as it happens, like Facebook/Twitter updates.

In this way you recognise their value, remind them of what you are already doing, and also show that you are trying to make their lives easier.