Question

Decreasing Food
My 11 month old female Lab is slowly but surely picking up a layer of fat. She is not overweight yet but I would like to nip this in the bud before it becomes an issue. After she was spayed our vet recommended that we decrease her food allocation by 10 percent (she is on Hills Puppy). I did this. As she is still in a growth period, by how much could I further reduce her food intake while still insuring that she is getting sufficient nutrients for proper development? Treats are minimal - about two Hills Light biscuits a day and she is very active.

Hello Lab Owner,

It's not an uncommon problem with Labradors. Please the the article at the top of this forum:

"Dealing with Pet Obesity", and keep us updated on your Lab's progress.

Dr Campbell.