Question

Deep Sleeper

I've got this problem with waking up in the mornings. I suspect this might be a mental problem, rather than physical. Im 23 and have had this most of my life. It affects the people i live with (currently my boyfriend) because if he doesn't wake me up properly, i don't get up and will sleep until late. A couple of times he's actually stood next to me and screamed for me to get up, i don't even hear it. He does try different methods. And i have tried going to bed early over a long period of time, which doesn't work either. When my boyfriend gets me to open my eyes, i'll even say something and then i'll fall asleep again. When i finally wake up, i just don't remember that he has woken me up in the first place (this happens atleast 2 times every morning)

Alarms don't work because i don't hear them. I can not wake up by myself. My life is fairly normal, so i just don't get it. 2 people i have lived with suggested that i simply don't care or that i might not have a reason to get up and thats why i have this.

I hope this is descriptive enough
Thank you very much for your time

Maybe it'd be worth seeing a good local shrink / counsellor for more of an assessment, to understand this problem better. Chelle's response makes much sense. This surely to some extent represents a reluctance to take personal esponsibility ?
Liz123's example is more typical --- alcohol isn't very helpful with sleep, as it tends to knock you into a deep initial sleep, from which you tend to bounce awake a couple of hours later.