Question

Dependant on Therapy
My question to Cs is this. I’m a 30yr female and have been seeing a female psychologist (25 yrs older) for more than a year now. She has helped me with a lot of stuff, but there is also still a lot of work to do. The problem is that therapy is all I can think about. When I’m not there I look forward to it and keep thinking about what was said during the last session and what will be discussed in the next. I’ve also started to feel very … “attached” to the psychologist. Not in any improper way, I just feel that she knows me so well and still likes me, and I find myself wanting to spent more time with her, wishing that we could spent time together outside of the office.
Does this happen with in most long term therapy ? There’s no way that I’m going to tell her, and I really don’t want to start with a new therapist.

You seem to be describing a well-recognized issue that quite often arises in therapy --- and any therapist who isn't acutely aware of this possibility, and able to recognize it and deal well with it, shouldn't be in practise. The analysts call it "transference" and see it as transferring onto the therapist feelings and emotions originally associated with your parents or other significant people in your life. Nowadays, this is less often a problem, as we have recognized, as the research shows us, that long-term therapy isn't needed in most situations, and can be inadvisable in many cases. There's not necessarily any need to switch to a different therapist, but you SHOULD, really, discuss this with her. If she has any knowledge or skills at all, she will not be surprised or upset, but needs to know about it so you two can work on this among other relevant matters within therapy