Ask an expert

21 Feb 2003

i have two lovely sons one is 22 months and the other almost 5 months. the last two weeks i feel that i just want to run away. my husband and i have had problems forever and it never gets resolved. i want to seperate from him but i feel to bad for my children. i've always had problems with deppression but i have learned to suppress it, but now it is getting to me again. it is the small things that he does or don't do that gets on my nerves. everybody who knows tells me to go and talk to someone but it is hard for me to talk about all my issues. i am a very good listener but not a talker. i have thought about suiside every day for the last two weeks but my children are what kept me from doing it. i love them to much to let them grow up without a mother, but i feel it is wrong to raise them in a home where their parents are constantly going at each other. i've told my husband a thousand times how i feel but he never does anything to change, i love him very much but i can't go on if i am so unhappy. my mother has suggested herbology's mood tonic but that will make me feel better but won't take away my problems. can anyone outhere help me. and yes i am a christen but there is just some things in life which even that can't help you with.
Answer 433 views

01 Jan 0001

You are quite right that the mood tonic won't solve your problems, and also, as you imply, that while a proper medicine could indeed help, it would not be enough on its own, to sort things out. If you have indeed become Depressed, rather than only sad, then a poper medicine could help usefully to lift your mood towards more normal levels so that you could cope better with the other emotional wrk that needs to be done. Because that is the really important pasrt of the solution --- you need to see a shrink to talk about, clarify, and worh through the various problems that have contributed to the situation that makes you so miserable.
Don't worry about feeling hesitant about how well you can talk about them --- a good shrink is trained and skilled at making it easy for you to talk and work efficiently on the problems you have been facing.
You can work towards a situaion o feling much better, coping and enjoying life with your wo children. Maybe eventually our husband could be persuaded to join you in marriage counselling, to complete the job of remiving the conflics that have made things so uncomfortable.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.