Question

Depressed
Hi Doc,
I'm feeling very depressed lately,did my matric 4yrs ago and coulnd't continue coz of financial problems,I then gotten married to my wonderful hubby and had a child.He then provides for us but I never believed in holding out a hand all the time I believe in doing things for myself ,I then started selling some beauty products but it was still not enough and had problems with customers and quit.Since then I still can't get a JOB!!! I am so frastrated, my baby is getting old and mummy doesn't have a penny to cater for her needs.JUst feel like lifetime a loser.I have submitted my cv to several companies and no luck and my hubby will be unemployed as from tomorrow.Any advice I'm going out of my mind!!!

Dear Tulip,
I hope our other, reliable, readers, can come up with some practical suggestions here. Sadly, for all the money that gets wasted on arms we don't need, subsidized Mercedes and Presidential jets, far too little is done to increase the availability of jobs. The economy is doing quite well, but to the benefit of only a few, privileged people ; and getting and keeping jobs is a major problem for the great majority of our people.
You seem to be taking some of the right steps, and need to keep trying to seek jobs. Sometimes, when you're essentially entering the job market, it may be useful to assess realistically not only the jobs you'd be capable of, but the jobs you're likely to get offered, which may well be less than you'd be able to do. But taking and holding pretty-well any job, makes a good addition to your CV, and makes it easier to look for another job, after a fair time in the first one, and to aim a bit higher the next time around.
Aiming a bit too ambitiously may lead to a succession of failures, which, apart from a waste of time and effort. easily lead to your becoming discouraged, and to expecting failure, which makes it more likely to happen.
Don't think of yourself as a loser ( you haven't lost, you just haven't fully succeeded yet ).