Ask an expert

21 Aug 2007


I have recently broken up with my boyfriend and I feel like I'm going through some depression..
I don't blame him for leaving, I started treating him bad near the end.. He was the best man I have ever been with. Its been just over a month since we broke up but the pain does not seem to get better. I have tried to get him back but he has moved on already.
I know I need to try and move on but I just can't. I have been trying to go to gym, so I can take my mind off it but I just can't. I will be writting exams soon and I can't even concentrate on my studies. All I want to do is lay in bed and cry. People invite me out but I just don't have the energy for it.

What am I to do to get out of this state? Should I see a pshycologist? Do you know any in the bedfordview area that is not too expensive? Any advice?
Answer 383 views

01 Jan 0001

Maybe it's Depression, maybe it's depression, maybe it's just low spirits after a sad and disappointing experience. Learn from the experience so you need not make the same mistake again. Seeing a counsellor may well help as you have some other urgent priorities coming up, like the exams.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
Voting Booth
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?
Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
34% - 9260 votes
66% - 17831 votes