Question

Depressed with my job
I feel so depressed and worthless when I am at work as it is so boring and certain people I work with are so nit picking and petty. There are no prospects whatsoever. I have been trying for years to find another job without success. I can’t resign as there are so few jobs out there and I doubt I would find something else with the AA. I have done courses but without the working experience no one wants to give you a chance. I would even work for less money just to do something more interesting. I am really at my wits end what to do. It is unbearably boring at work but the alternative of sitting at home searching desperately for a job and not getting a salary is not a nice option either. Are there other people out there like me? I know I am lucky to have a job but my life feels pointless when I am at work. Fortunately I have a happy home life to help with the awful time I have during the day from 8 till 5.

How about exploring the options for retaining this reasonably paying job until you find a significantly better one, and meanwhile look for educational opportunities --- you could study book-keeping part-time, I think for instance ?