Question

Depression
Hi Cyber Shrink!

I have been feeling VERY down for the last 5 weeks, I can't stop crying. I feel sad all the time. I have gained 5kg in the last month alone. I cannot concentrate at work. We have been trying to fall pregnant for the last 3 and half years. Last month I was absolutely devasted that I wasn't pregnant, not sure why I pinned all my hope on last month, but I seem to be over it, but the absolute sadness will not let go of me. My mom sent me a 'depression check list' and according to that check list it seems that I am suffering from depression.

I have never been depressed, and have always been upbeat about life.

My whole life I've been able to cope with every thing, why all of a sudden can't I shake this?

Is there any supplements that I can take that are natural, as I don't really want to start taking medication? And what would you suggest I do. I need to feel better soon, it's starting to effect every one around me.

What you are describing surely sounds very like Depression. There ae absolutely NO natural supplements which help any significant depression ( and most of them are about as genuinely "natural" as a 3 rand note. DO see a good local psychiatrist, or at least a good local GP, for assessment, and then discuss treatment, which may include some proper and efective medication, and preferably also some CBT style counselling. You may well find it useful to temporarily suspend the anxious striving for pregnancy --- once this Depression is cleared up, your chances of conceiving are likely to improve --- discuss this, too, with your shrink