Question

Depression
My wife of 15 years was diagnosed with depression over 4 months ago by our GP and was given meds. She refused to take them and insisted our GP''s dignosis was wrong , since then she has been retrenched, lost her car and has been behaving irrationally including mood swings. We have 2 kids 13 and 7 , everything i do it appears to irritate her to no ends to the extent that she has requested for a divorce as soon as she can find the means to support herself .I initially thought i was the problem and went out of my way to accomodate her , to no avail. How can i help her at least to accept that the diagnosis given was correct , inorder to get her help?

Its terribly sad that fa too many people who develop the serious and common disorder we call Depression, prefer to convince themselves that this is not so and to avoid effective treatment that could help them to feel and cope so much better. Any lawyer who agrees to help anyone so obviously distressed and not in her normal state of mind, to seek divorce or take any other formal legal action, woul;d be very foolish. Maybe she should see an expert psychiatrist for a fresh assessment, and you can suggest that this will be a secon opinion, and she'll be able to state to him clearly why she disagrees with the GP's diagnosis and why she feels so sure she should not receive effective treatment, and maybe she can agree to acccept the psychiatrist's opinion, as truly expert, as valid and advice worth following ?
Is there anyone else in her own family and friends who she is more likely to liosten to, who could approach her to encourage her to similarly seek the help she needs ?