Question

Depression support group
Is there a support group in Cape Town for those who suffer from depression? It has been suggested I book into a facility for a full-time program but I would rather have assistance which will not interfere with work.

There should be such a Support Group --- call the number given on this page for the national HQ of the Depression/Anxiety Support Group, or check out their website. I understand what you want --- just check with your shrink that this depression will be likely to manage well with Outpatient care, before rejecting a period of inpatient care --- if the treatment doesn't start being effective before long, the Depression will interfere with work, too. And check on the availability of CBT ( COgnitive-Behaviour Therapy ) locally, a method of counselling with excellent and lasting results, which works best as an outpatient, though one can of course start as an inpatient