Question

deprission and heart disease?
I was diagnosed with depression last year after my miscarriage. I was on medication for three months and discontinued it after I felt better. Now it reocurred and I am constantly worried that I might get a heart attack. And because of this I experience unusual feelings near my breast area and my back.Is there a connection between depression and heart problems and is ther a possibility for me to get some kind of heart disease?

The risk of a depression recurring is high if one stops the medication too early, and without the good advice of a shrink --- generally, even if one is feeling well, one needs to remain on the meds for at least around 9 months. Links between depression, its treatment, and heart disease are highly complex. But it won't GIVE you a heart disease if you don't already have one. See a GP at least or cardioloigst to have your heart checked up and I doubt they'll find something wrong --- and see a proper shrink for re-assessment and advice on treatment of that Depression. CBT counselling, if available is a highly effective treatment for depression, without side-effects