Question

dermatology - psoriasis
What is the difference between psoriasis and eczema?

I have severe psoriasis which is persistant on my elbow, forehead, and other ares of the face. My scalp too is badly infected, and is almost always inflammed and itchy, very scaly (almost like dandruff). The rest of my body is affected from time to time but not too often or serious.

I am not on a medical aid and funds are very tight, what can I do to suppress this problem, ointment, shampoo, or diet information will be grateful.

Yolanda, we’re not exactly sure what the cause of psoriasis is, but eczema is the reaction of the skin against something (almost like an allergy). I wrote something about psoriasis a while ago and if you mail me at CyberDoc@mweb.co.za, I’ll send it to you. Read it and let me know if you have more questions or need something explained. Good luck.
PS. Please post your reply as a new question and not below my reply because I won’t get your reply if you do. Good luck