Ask an expert

26 Jul 2011

desparately in need of advice
my ex opened a savings account for our child to which i also deposited money for their future. now i cant access the money because he is the only signatory to the minor''s account. i do not have any income and cannot afford their school fees. he doesnt even contribute to their maintenance. can i force him to sign over the account to me and what if he withdrawn all the monies in the account?

we also bought 3 properties that are registered in both our names, after we broke up, he went to the estate agencies and changed the bank details. though im a 50% title holder to the properties, i do not receive even a cent from the rental income. i can afford a lawyer at the moment, please advice, what to do?
Answer 350 views
Family law expert
family law expert

01 Jan 0001

I would approach the maintenance court if I was you and get a proper maintenance order in place or in the event that he is in arrears obtain a writ from the court to attach the funds that is in the account.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
Voting Booth
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?
Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
34% - 9269 votes
66% - 17879 votes