Question

DESPERATE
HI DOC

WELCOME BACK.... IM SO DESPARETELY TO LOOSE WEIGHT. IM 81.5KG HEIGH IS 1.56 AND IM CLASSIFIED UNDER OBESE PEOPLE. SO NOW IV STARTED WITH MY PROGRAM WHICH IS. IN THE MORNING I DO HIPHOP ABS FOR 30-40MIN PLUS A SKIPPING ROPR FOR 5-10 MIN, THEN I DRINK 1LITER OF WATER THEN AFTER 30 MIN I EAT 1 CUP OF ALL BRAN WTH A LOW- FAT MILK. THEN DURING IL BE DRINKING MAYB E1-2LITER OF WATER OR MAYB COFFEE WTITH LOW FAT MILK N SWEETNER,THEN EAT FRUITS OR VEGE. LUNCH I DONT REALY EAT, THEN IL BE DOING ANOTHER EXECISES OF HIPHOP ABS FOR 30MIN THEN DRINK WATER. SUPPER WILL BE SKINLEES CHICKEN 2 SLICE OF WHOLE WHEAT BREAD AND VEGE WITH COFFEE. THEN AFTER ITS 1 LAST LITER OF WATER. SO IM HOPE IM ON THE RIGHT TRACK. WILL I LOOSE WEIGHT IF I CARRY ON LIKE THIS......

Dear Beauty
At your present weight, your BMI = 33,5 which is in the obese range. It would be good if you could lose at least 12 kg to get back into the lower range of 'overweight', as this would improve your health a great deal. The regimen you describe should lead to weightloss, but the slimming diet you describe is not balanced and you are drinking up to 5 litres of water a day which is going to exhaust your electrolytes (i.e. sodium potassium, magnesium and calcium). You can try using an energy-reduced, low-fat, high-fibre diet (click on 'Diet & Nutrition' at the top of this page, then on 'Healthy Diets' and then on 'Slimming Diet' for a copy of such a diet), which when combined with your exercises should produce weightloss at the rate of between 0,5 and 1 kg per week. Adults require 2,5 litres of LIQUID (which can include water) per day. If you drink too much water, the kidneys have to excrete all this water and liquid which means that the above mentioned electrolytes are also washed out of the body. Please try to moderate your liquid intake so that you don't develop electrolyte deficiencies which can have many negative effects, including weight gain (!) due to water retention - something you don't need in your life.
Keep up the exercises, esp the skipping.