Question

Desperately want to pregnant
Hi, I am 31 years old I have been trying to fall pregnant for 1.5 years. I went for a Laparascopy in August last year and had a Fibriod removed. At the time my gynae said that everything was fine and I should give myself about 6 months. Well the 6 months are here and I am still not pregnant. Do you think I could ask my gynae to perform IUI on me. Any advice.
fertility expert

Dear VP

The decision to perform IUI should be carefully considered in the light of sperm analysis parameters and should the spermiogram be normal then it would be advisable to carefully exclude any additional factor on your side, which may be contributing to the fertility problem. However, if sperm parameters are only moderately deranged then it would be reasonable to attempt at least three carefully controlled IUI cycles failing which, the possibility of IVF should be entertained.