Question

Despression....well sort of....
I've been depressed for a long time now and I'm not sure why. I tried to pinpoint specific area's or problem on which I could work on but that's also a bit tough considering that I really have no major problems. I have a good job, I have a great family and I have a very loving wife. I do have money issues but that's not something I focus on. I gave up allot to be with her but I guess 'freedom' is what most of us guys give up but that was a long time ago and I'm getting used to married life. It's just that I am constantly depressed and have no idea why and it's even got to the point of 2 suicide attempts. Anyone have any suggestions?

Hello M&M,
Some depressions arise from almost entirely chemical aspects of our brain functions, and without any recognizeable external events or obvious causes --- they are just as unpleasant, and fortunately respond just as well to treatment. So DO see a good local shrink asap, for a full assessment and then a discussion of treatment options, which should include medication and if possible, CBT counselling, as well.