Question

DETOX
Wat beteken om jou liggaam te Detox? is dit 'n goeie ding?

HI Angie

I'm no expert, or at least, those who are the experts will say I'm not! But the detox concept is basically that you in your daily life, you're filling your body will all kinds of processed foods, junk foods, and other things that are not good for it. I dare say that's probably true. The detox that happens is then to go on a diet that eliminates all these foods, maybe gets you doing some exercise, drinking and eating very healthy foods instead, and lasts about a week, maybe less. Once that's done, the theory is that your body has processed all these other, "bad" chemicals" and you're "pure" again. Whether it works, I'm not 100%, but many people believe so. I don't know evidence to support or refute either side.

As for actually doing one, I guess the best is to speak with a dietician about the diet part and see what they have to say. Personally, my opinion is that if you're going to aim for healthy, make it a lifestyle choice and not just a week-long thing...