Question

Detox-What does this entail?
I am a 20 year old female who is curious about detoxing. I've heard of so many detox diets, and they all say dfferent things. Some are to only eat grapes and drink water. Some are to eat any types of friut and lots of water for a week, then another says as long as you cut out all additives like salt, sugar, spices, alcohol ie to only eat fresh food, you would be following a detox diet. Please can you tell me exactly what is meant by a detox diet and for how long is it advisable to follow one. Thanks for your time

Dear CR
If you click on 'Diet' and then on 'View old diet & food site', you will find an article about a Cleansing Diet. This is the same as a detox diet and you will notice that I advise readers NOT to try this diet for longer than 1-2 days and to only use it when you have a chance to rest and relax because you may feel faint. Using a Detox diet for longer periods is potentially harmful and may cause accidents if your blood sugar is very low.
Take care