Question

Diabetes
I had a blood test taken on Monday and was phoned by the doctor yetserday to advise me that I am "Insulin tolerant". Does mean that I have diabetes?
Is being insulin tolerant something that can be "cured" or will I have to live with it for the rest of my life? There is a history of diabetes in the family but that was over 2 generations ago! If I have diabetes is it contolled by diet or do you have to take tablets/injections? I am seeing a dietition in 1 1/2 weeks time but I am also not quite sure what I should & should not be eating at this stage. Any ideas?
I have been put on a course tablets for 3 months as well. Are tablets for insulin intolerance considered chronic medication?
Anxious and desperate for your answers.
Thanks.
Lisa

Lisa, I’m not sure what he meant by saying that you are “insulin tolerant”. If you can let me have the results of your tests, I might be able to help. Mail me at CyberDoc@mweb.co.za and we’ll take it from there. Good luck.