Question

diabetes
I have had to change my insulin intake from twice a day to four
times a day, my blood sugar levels was between 18 and 25.
How dangerous are levels that are so high after a week they are
between 14 and 19 should I be worried?

Dear Bokkie
I think you need to ask your physician because he/she will know what has been prescribed and how soon you can see results. I trust that you are using an individual diabetic diet worked out by a clinical dietitian? If not, please consult a clinical dietitian, because the correct diet is one of the most important factors in treatment. Check the List of Dietitians on this Website or phone 082-593-0276 or send an e-mail to sscharf@nhcltd.com or look in your local telephone directory or Yellow Pages, to find a dietitian in your area. If may take a while longer for your glucose levels to stabilise, but contact your dr ASAP because it depends on the type of insulin you are using, your level of activity, etc, how soon you would obtain satisfactory results.