Ask an expert

28 Jun 2010

Hi Doc, my boyfriend has quite a few lumps on his back. He says its not painful and they called ''fat glands''. Im not too sure what it is. He does suffer from a heart condition as well. A friend recently told me that its called ''sugar lumps'' and it''s a sign of diabetes, is this correct?
Answer 377 views

01 Jan 0001

Hallo Karin
No it is a type of fatty growth called a lipoma and has nothing to do with diabetes or heart disease. It is usually harmless.
Dr Bets
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
Voting Booth
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?
Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
34% - 9269 votes
66% - 17873 votes