Question

Diabetes and overweight
I had a medical check-up which included blood tests and EKG for insurance purposes. Everything was normal and I was accepted by the company. Six weeks later I had my urine tested as I suspected I had infection and then it was picked up that I have too much sugar in my urine. A finger blood test showed a count of 24. GTT tests count was 22. My dr diagnosed me with severe diabetes. I am shocked and have a lot of questions. How could this happen so quickly. What caused the sugar levels to go so high so quick. I am a 41 year old over weight female with a very good medical history - cholestorol levels normal and no other problems. The thing that bugs me most is how can I be sure that the tests done earlier was correct or can diabetes starts "over night".
Thank you

Isabel, I have to agree that it sounds a bit weird. Are you sure that they tested for diabetes? I suppose that it’s possible that it can happen overnight, but it’s not likely to happen. The best would be to see a specialist physician and have it sorted out. Good luck.