Question

Diabetes and sex
My 30 year old boyfriend just got diagnosed with type 1 diabtes will this affect our sex life?

Dear Ay
As I am the Diet Expert, it may help to also ask CyberDoc this question. If your boyfriend has his diabetes well under control with medications and the correct diet then he should not experience any problems. It is essential for anyone with insulin resistance or diabetes to consult a clinical dietitian, because the correct diet is one of the most important factors in treatment. Check the List of Dietitians on this Website or phone 082-593-0276 or send an e-mail to sscharf@nhcltd.com or look in your local telephone directory or Yellow Pages, to find a dietitian in your area.