Question

diabetes - iron level
My mom and family of hers is diabetic because of too high iron levels in their blood. What is the symtoms and how to I get myself tested for blood iron levels? Apperantly the above type of diabetes is rare? How can I prevent getting above type diabetes?

Bruntoit, it sounds like they might suffer from haemochromatosis. The easiest way to find out if you have too much iron is to have blood taken for iron studies. The easiest way to treat it is to regularly donate blood.
If you want more information on haemochromatosis you can mail me at netdoc@mweb.co.za and I’ll cut and paste you something. Good luck.