Question

Diabetes Millitus type1
what are the dangers? how should one manage the insulin injection? will it help if one saves money to buy an insulin pump that will provide very strict glucose contol? what should one do about exercise? what about his smoking? what lese one should do to control the condition? if one plans to marry soon, wiilhis children be at risk and should he have children? is there any other information that one would find helpful?

Tema, this is the first reply I sent you. It seems like it got lost somewhere in cyberspace, so here it is again.
Temaf,
1. I’m not sure what you mean with your first question.
2. An insulin pump is not a practical solution.
3. He should exercise for at least 30 minutes, 3-4 times a day.
4. He should follow a sugar free but otherwise balanced diet.
5. He’s welcome to have children as there is no real danger to them.
I wrote something about diabetes a while ago and if you mail me at CyberDoc@mweb.co.za I’ll send you a copy. Read it and let me know if you have more questions. Good luck.
PS. Please post your reply as a new question and not below my reply because I won’t get your reply if you do.