Ask an expert

06 Mar 2003

I am a Type 2 Diabetic aged 64 unable to lose weight .What do I do ? My blood sugar is under control.
Answer 380 views

01 Jan 0001

Dear Collie
I always refer all diabetic patients to a clinical dietitian (Phone (012) 998-5650 (mornings)), because you require an individually worked out diet which takes all your individual factors into account (age, weight, type of diabetes and treatment, level of activity, other complicating factors, etc). In the meanwhile try doing a Search on this Website for 'Diabetes'.
Best regards
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.