Question

diabetic diet
My mother is 63, had a back op about 11 years ago and battles to walk properly. She is 18kgs overweight and battles to lose anything, tired following weighless, but complained of too much food. She suffers from high blood pressure, but is otherwise not sickly at all. What diet would you recommend for her. She is type 2 diabetic and has blood sugar well under control.

Dear Kathleen
The WeighLess diet is an excellent one for losing weight and it is important for someone who is trying to lose weight to eat all the foods they prescribe. The moment a slimmer eats too little, her body interprets this as 'starvation' and switches off the weight loss systems. If your Mom does not want to give Weighless another try then I would suggest that she should consult a clinical dietitian (phone (012) 998-5650 (mornings) to find a dietitian near you), who will work out a slimming diet which takes all her special needs into consideration. It is really worth it esp for diabetics.