Ask an expert

12 Aug 2008

RE: diabetic type 1 lose weight 9kg stop inj

thanks for the reply diet doc. the problem is i'  ve been to a diabetic dietician (R500 for 2 hours!) she put me on a diet, which i can'  t follow! and i do exercise, too much actually - 1 hour of heavy cardio 5 days a week!! the problem is i'  m depressed and can'  t stop putting food in my mouth, i can'  t follow any kind of diet if it means eating less. i'  m a very angry diabetic and have not accepted my illness, and i can'  t accept it!!! lis
Answer 427 views

01 Jan 0001

Dear Lis
OK now I get the picture. You actually don't need a dietitian because you already have all the info you need to control your diabetes with diet, exercise and insulin, BUT what you do need is to see a clinical psychologist to help you work out all this anger and your desire to hurt yourself by stopping the insulin. Please ask your dr to refer you to a clinical psychologist so that you can get the correct treatment before you harm yourself because of your anger.
Get help ASAP
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
Voting Booth
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?
Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
34% - 9265 votes
66% - 17843 votes