Question

DIABETIC TYPE1 LOSE 9KG STOP INJ
RE: diabetic type 1 lose weight 9kg stop inj

thanks for the reply diet doc. the problem is i'  ve been to a diabetic dietician (R500 for 2 hours!) she put me on a diet, which i can'  t follow! and i do exercise, too much actually - 1 hour of heavy cardio 5 days a week!! the problem is i'  m depressed and can'  t stop putting food in my mouth, i can'  t follow any kind of diet if it means eating less. i'  m a very angry diabetic and have not accepted my illness, and i can'  t accept it!!! lis

Dear Lis
OK now I get the picture. You actually don't need a dietitian because you already have all the info you need to control your diabetes with diet, exercise and insulin, BUT what you do need is to see a clinical psychologist to help you work out all this anger and your desire to hurt yourself by stopping the insulin. Please ask your dr to refer you to a clinical psychologist so that you can get the correct treatment before you harm yourself because of your anger.
Get help ASAP