Question

Diadnosed HIV+ 10 yrs ago still healthy, no signs is treatment neccesary?
I was diagnosed hiv+ 10 yrs ago,still healthy no signs
viral load 735,cd4 count 308 what does this mean?should i start treatment,why is my viral load so
low after these years.

TrippleM, we don’t really know why some people keep on having a low viral count for years. Some have postulated that it’s a combination of the type of HI virus, genetics, environmental factors and I suppose sometimes, luck. Even though your viral load is low, your CD4+ count could’ve been better. My advice would be to someone that specialises in HIV and AIDS and let him monitor you 6 monthly. As soon as the CD4+ count starts dropping, you should adjust your treatment. Good luck.