Ask an expert

14 Jan 2003

"Dickie-bird" problem.
The glans of my dick is red and feels irritated only on the area normally covered by foreskin. The rest is OK.
Advice please, Doc.
Answer 379 views

01 Jan 0001

Spooky, it sounds like you suffer from balanoposthitis (infection of the glands and foreskin). It can be caused by a host of diseases, but it is most commonly caused by a superficial yeast infection (Candida). The best would be to buy an antifungal cream like Normospor® and apply it twice daily for a week. If it doesn’t clear up you will have to see your doctor. Good luck.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
Voting Booth
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?
Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
33% - 9321 votes
67% - 18654 votes