Question

Did the treatment for infection work two days before period?
I've visited my gynae a week and a half ago. She found an infection and prescribed Canesten. I've only got the stuff a week later and inserted the tablet before going to bed. The next day about lunch time I was basically discharging the tablet.... a white powder discharge. it kept on discharging until the nest day. Then my periods started. I've read on the instruction papers that it won't help shortly before the periods??? Do I have to get another prescription for this infection? Also, where could I have got this infection? How serious a problem is it? My gynae's test results said I only have to visit her again in 12 months. Thanks for helping!

The pessary would have been absorbed before your period started, so should treat the infection. Thrush usually results from decreased immunity in the vaginal area. It typically starts after a course of antibiotics, in women on the Pill or pregnant or if you are generally run-down. If this is the first time you have had it and the treatment cures it, you should n ot be concerned.