Question

Diet
Could you please contact me with reagards to diet problem? I am on a low fat/no fat high fibre diet for more than a year now. I have started exercising since September(Tae-bics, 4 times a week for an hour), and it seems that I just keep putting on weight instead of loosing. Whereas others who are just exercising, loose weight. Is it possible that you could come back to me via electronic mail?

Dear DeeBee
I unfortunately don't answer questions by e-mail. I would suggest that you have a medical checkup and ask the dr to test you for hormone imbalances: thyroid, insulin and female hormones. Any one of these could be causing the resistance to weight loss. You don't mention your height in metres and weight in kg, so I can't work out if you are overweight and how much weight you should try to lose. You can also contact a clinical dietitian (phone (012) 998-5650 (mornings)) who will help you with your problem.