Question

Diet
HI DOC
DUE TO THE FACT THAT I GO OUT WITH SUPPLIERS FOR LUNCH A LOT, ALMOST EVERY DAY, I WOULD APPRECIATE YOUR ADVISE ON THE FOLLOWING:
IS THERE ANY DIET THAT I COULD USE THAT ALLOWS YOU TO HAVE ALCOHOL, MAYBE WISKEY & WATER, & STILL LOSE WEIGHT ?
AND HOW DOES ALCOHOL EFFECT WEIGHT LOSS

THANKING YOU
SUE

Dear Sue
Those business lunches, etc, are sooo difficult when one is trying to lose weight. Alcohol is high in energy (29 kJ/g) and it can really sabotage your attempts to lose weight. If you follow a low-fat, high-fibre diet - eat grilled fish, vegs and salad at those lunches (no fatty foods, cream, rich salad dressings, sauces or desserts!), then you could have the odd whiskey and water, but don't have one every day if you can help it. Drink spring or soda water and hang in there.