Question

Diet
Hi There,
Are there any specific diet I need to follow with the bacteria I have its called Helicobater Pylori. Would you please find out what diet I should follow.

Dear Charmaine
I trust that the dr has prescribed antibiotics to eliminate the Helicobacter pylori infection combined with proton pump inhibitors and/or antacids to control excess acid production that is causing your ulcers? If not, please obtain the necessary medications from the dr. There is no specific diet for ulcers. One of the most important factors in excess acid production and ulcers is stress and infections such as the one that was diagnosed. If you suffer from ulcers, you will have to experiment with the foods you eat that may cause problems (raw onions, garlic, cucumber, green peppers, very spicy foods and condiments, gas-cold drinks, very fatty foods, etc and all alcohol). This is often an individual reaction and you will have to keep a food diary to see what foods cause this problem and then cut them out. To relieve stress I would recommend that you should learn relaxing techniques, how to do deep breathing exercises and some form of physical exercise which is also relaxing, such as yoga. Going for brisk walks in the fresh air also helps to relieve tension.
Hope you feel better soon